The contract between Client and Therapist
By making an appointment you are agreeing to the following contract, so please read carefully:
1. Sessions are confidential between you (the client) and myself (the therapist). Exceptions are:
(a) therapist clinical supervision , where the client is not identified
(b) child protection issues
(c) harm to yourself or another person
2. Sessions are normally one hour long maximum, consisting roughly of 50 minutes processing time, 5 minutes of summarising and reflecting, and 5 minutes for making future appointments. Sessions of different length may be negotiated individually. Normally sessions are weekly but may progress to fortnightly in longer term work.
3. All contact between us will remain within session times, except for re-arranging appointments. If you require out of session support from the therapist, this will be negotiated separately, and may be subject to normal hourly rates.
4. Cancellations with less than 48 hours are charged at a proportion of the full rate and last minute cancellations are charged full rate . If the session is cancelled by the therapist as much notice as possible will be given. Current rates are published on the website.
5. I keep a few notes about sessions and our work together. These are kept for 2 years and then shredded or deleted.
6. Appointment times are flexible and agreed on a week to week basis.
7. Number of sessions: you may wish to come for a fixed number of sessions and work in the short term (6-12 sessions); you may wish medium term therapy up around 30 sessions; leave the length of therapy open until you feel better; or work in the long term. We decide this together.
8. If you are late for a session, please make contact to confirm that you are still attending. The session will still end at the normal time.
9. Fees for private individuals are paid at the end of each session, either by cheque, cash, or some bank cards.
10. In the event of dispute or dissatisfaction, please initially discuss with the therapist. You are protected by your therapist’s membership of BACP.